“Therefore God, your God, has anointed you, pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else” (Psalm 45:7).
Thursday Affirmation: I am anointed to do what God has called me to do.
- You are anointed (Translation: you are blessed)
- Your anointing will bring you joy when you stay in it (Translation: your anointing will cause you to love what God has called you to do)
- There is joy in your anointing (Translation: your anointing will cause others to be happy and love what you do)
- Your joy and anointing are unique to you (Translation: no one else can do what you do the way that you do it)
- Your anointing is like oil and causes everything you touch to shine
My favorite part of Psalm 45:7 is “pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else.” It’s saying that no one else but you has your dose of anointing and joy. God has plans for you to accomplish great things so he poured his anointing on you rather than sprinkling it on you. Like oil, if you stay in your anointing you (gifts, talents and skills) will never be washed away. The oil of your anointing will leave a great mark on this world, and you will never cease to shine!
Be confident that you are anointed. God has anointed your gifts and talents for success. He has anointed them to be used and needed by others. You were created to grow and flourish. You were created in the God’s oil of anointing.